Neutral density filters are a necessary evil: fiddly, expensive, a royal pain. And critically important. I say: enough already -- it's time to put them INSIDE hybrid cameras:
If you find this helpful, entertaining, thought-provoking, inspiring, or other good stuff, please consider using our no-cost-to-you affiliate links below or making a contribution via PayPal - thank you!
Gear used to create this video:
- GH5s (set to face recognition AF, 4K/24p 8-bit 100mbps): B&H, Amazon, Adorama
- Panasonic G9 (120fps @ 1080p for ND'd sample shot): B&H, Amazon, Adorama
- Syrp Variable Neutral Density Filter (67mm, used with step down ring on Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 on G9): B&H, Amazon, Adorama
- Panasonic Leica DG Vario Elmarit 12-60/2.8-4 (used with G9): B&H, Amazon, Adorama
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 (used with GH5s): B&H, Amazon, Adorama:
- RODElink Wireless Filmmaker Kit: B&H, Amazon, Adorama
- Aputure Light Dome: B&H, Amazon, Adorama
- Aputure C120t: B&H, Amazon, Adorama:
- Cartoni SDS 8 Fluid Head Tripod: B&H
- SmallRig Advanced Half-cage Kit for Panasonic Lumix GH5 with Battery Grip 2024: Amazon (start here and then add: SmallRig Panasonic Lumix GH5 DMW-XLR1 Helmet Kit 2017, SmallRig NATO Cheese Handle 1688, SmallRig 15mm Rod Clamp with Cold Shoe 1157, SmallRig SWAT Nato Rail with 15mm Rod Clamp (Parallel) 1254, 2pcs Black 19mm Rods 12" 1234)
- Apple 2017 iMac with 5K Retina Display (maxed out): B&H, Adorama
- G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 24TB (8 x 3TB) 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2: B&H, Amazon, Adorama
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.